20 statistics to help MSPs sell managed IT services in 2018
Why should businesses leverage your managed IT services this year? When you’re making your sales pitch to clients and prospects, this is the question you need to answer to differentiate yourself from your competition. Sure, you have your value prop down and you’ve memorized your talking points to a tee, but what else can you use to convince clients and prospects of your MSP value?
They say that numbers speak louder than words, so here are a few numbers that we think speak volumes. It’s clear that the need for managed IT services isn’t going anywhere, but to help make your case, here are 20 statistics you can use to prove why businesses should partner with you.
Run your as-a-service business successfully. Get my eBook >>
Partnering with an MSP is one of the best ways businesses can protect themselves against the growing cybersecurity threat landscape. Here are some stats you can share to help convince decision makers to leverage your managed services for protection and prevention.
1. Worldwide cybersecurity spending will reach $96 billion by the end of 2018 (source).
2. Over 260 million records containing sensitive information have been compromised in the first four months of 2018 (source).
3. While the time it takes to detect an attack varies from company to company, on average it takes over 200 days to detect a breach (source).
4. Almost a quarter of cybersecurity professionals (23%) assess the probability of future attacks to their organization as very or extremely likely (source).
5. Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021 (source).
6. 54% of organizations experienced one or more ransomware incident in 2017 (source).
7. In 2017, the average ransom payment grew to $3,675 per ransom (source).
8. 81% of organizations claim that negligent or careless employees are the top risk to endpoint security.
9. In 2015, 3.3 million mobile apps were classified as malware (source).
10. 85% of enterprises are now using sensitive data in the cloud, up from 54% in 2015 (source).
11. On average, 9.3% of documents shared externally in the cloud contain sensitive content (source).
12. In 2016, 64% of patient medical files were successfully targeted by cybercriminals.
13. 80% of small medical practices are unconfident that their mobile devices are HIPAA compliant.
Backup and disaster recovery (BDR)
BDR has become a must-have solution for all businesses, yet many still hesitate to adopt it. Use these stats to convince clients and prospects that there’s a dire need for your BDR solution and business continuity services.
14. Every week, 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States.
15. A simple drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,500 and success is not guaranteed.
16. 44% of businesses estimate they could lose $10,000 or more during an hour of downtime.
17. 60% of businesses will go out of business within six months of a data disaster.
18. Human error was responsible for 23% of data loss incidents in 2016.
19. 58% of SMBs say they test their disaster recovery plan just once a year or less, while 33 % say they test infrequently or never at all.
20. By 2020 the world will need to defend 50 times more data than it does today (source).