How to reduce stress increase productivity in your tech company
Possibly nothing causes more stress than feeling out of control. And, for many of us, our work environment is like an incubator for growing out-of-control scenarios, or Silos of Chaos® as ConnectWise defines them.
In his bestselling book, Leaders Eat Last, Simon Sinek referenced research collectively known as the Whitehouse studies, which looked at the relationship between stress levels and an employee’s position on the corporate ladder. Surprisingly, greater responsibility and pressure did not necessarily cause more stress. The stress-creating culprit was actually the degree of control—or more accurately, the lack of it—felt by employees and management alike.
In part 1 of this post, we looked at solutions for avoiding stress in two potential places where chaos can creep in—growth and client management. Here, we’ll focus on ways to take charge in two other major areas where you can lose the reins of control.
Efficiency & productivity
- Invoicing is complicated, time-consuming, and often delayed
- Administrative tasks and duplication of work are a time-killer at all levels
- There are too many employees to keep everyone accountable for activities
- There’s no process for communication between teams
A BMP collects, connects, and communicates vital information throughout all areas of your organization, often with as little as one click. Nothing falls through the cracks and accountability is high with 360° visibility to activity.
- Clients frequently have billing questions that delay payment
- Cash flow is always a concern with inconsistent peaks and valleys
- Investing in more employees or inventory is a guessing game
- It’s difficult to forecast if the business is sustainable
A business management platform puts accurate and real-time financial information at your fingertips, so you always know where you are and where you should head.
Life is unpredictable. But your business operation doesn’t have to be. Let ConnectWise show you how to get in front of the stress and back in control of your company.