IT Nation event updates: COVID protocols
On-site at an IT Nation event:
At this time, face masks are required the entire time you are at the event. Attendees are not required to wear them while seated to eat and drink.
We will be checking everyone’s temperature with a touchless thermometer upon arrival (including colleagues). Anyone who has a temperature 100.4°F or higher will be asked to excuse themselves from the event. (The CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of at least 100.4°F)
We will include best practices and guidelines in place for planning all meeting space and meal functions for social distancing safely. Attendees are asked to do the same when in public areas. Signage will be provided for guidance.
We will require all attendees to sanitize their hands upon entry. Hand sanitizer will also be readily available throughout the meeting space. Frequent hand washing is highly suggested.
Our host hotels will maintain detailed procedures for cleaning and sanitizing public spaces, restaurants, and sleeping rooms on a regular basis.
We will have red, yellow, and green dots on your name badge to represent your comfort level with social distancing and interacting with other attendees at the event:
- Red = Social distancing, say hi from afar
- Yellow = Fist bumps & elbows only, please
- Green = Handshakes work for me!
These processes are based on the CDC guidelines for group gatherings. More info can be found here. We will continue to monitor guidelines and best practices and may adjust our procedures accordingly. We will always keep attendees informed prior to arriving onsite.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- You are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as fever or chills, fatigue, body aches, headache, sore throat, cough, loss of smell/taste, shortness of breath, etc.
- You have been exposed to a person with confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days or are waiting for test results from a COVID test.
- You have traveled to a CDC level 3 or 4 risk country within the last 14 days; the CDC assessment on countries’ risks can be found here.
If you need to cancel your in-person pass for health reasons, we have a full refund policy on all in-person event passes up to the day the event begins.