Discover what’s new in ConnectWise’s Q3 2020 product update
It’s hard to believe we are now in Q4 of this drastically life-altering year. One thing is certain: we have all carried on and done our best with the circumstances we’ve faced. We’ve said it before, but we’re always looking on the bright side here at ConnectWise, which is why we continue to ensure our products deliver the greatest value to you.
In line with this objective, we’re pleased to announce ConnectWise’s Q3 product update. Read on to see what’s new.
A better invoicing and approvals process
Let’s face it, technology solutions providers (TSPs) want to get paid faster, as it’s instrumental to accelerating cash flow. We’ve been working hard to improve this functionality across our products, and we have some exciting updates to share.
In ConnectWise Manage®, a new invoice experience in the ConnectWise Customer Portal simplifies the process and provides more clarity for your customers, which reduces billing disputes and speeds up the Accounts Receivable (AR) process.
You can also now create an invoice directly from your agreement, without having to leave the screen. Less toggling and clicking around means you can invoice clients faster.
When it comes to scoping and getting everyone on the same page, you can soon expect multi-level approvals in ConnectWise Sell®. This capability enables you to create advanced action rules that require signoff from identified stakeholders. This helps ensure project estimates are properly scoped before customers see pricing—thereby setting clear budgetary expectations based on current requirements.
Additionally, ConnectWise Manage now provides contextual information on service alerts, so you can more quickly determine the appropriate response without the need for further investigation. Workflows are becoming more information-rich, too. Now, you can attach a configuration through a workflow, ensuring your team has all the information they need to start working a ticket right away.
More ConnectWise Automate and ConnectWise Manage functionality
The new ConnectWise Manage 8.0 plugin for ConnectWise Automate® remote monitoring and management (RMM) is finally here, and it’s poised to deliver greater efficiency and accountability through integration, syncing, and auditing. This plugin provides several helpful new benefits, including the ability to:
- Gain a single view – Integrate multiple instances of ConnectWise Automate into a single instance of ConnectWise Manage, so you’re able to easily grow and scale.
- Sync up – Get live company and contact sync options to keep both systems up to date.
- Audit – Increase auditing of remote-control sessions to build more accountability and visibility into how techs and end customers are working together, providing an added layer of security around both employees and customers.
While we’re on the topic of RMM, a quick note: We’ve invested efforts into improving the speed and performance of screens within the ITS Portal of ConnectWise Command™, formerly a Continuum solution. In some cases, load time has been cut in half! This is a big efficiency win.
Small, but mighty ConnectWise Control features
When it came to thinking about ConnectWise Control®, a key driver was how to make it easier for our partners to access and adopt the features within the product. Some small functionality updates were released in Q3 that are already making waves for partner usability. These updates include:
- Cleaner 4th column – Details in the 4th column, including device details, have been updated to have a cleaner layout, making it easier to find essential information faster.
- Hover modal – Instead of clicking around within the system to find what you’re looking for, just hover over relevant areas to get helpful pop-ups.
- Trigger creation – We’ve updated triggers with an easier-to-use interface that makes it simpler to create helpful triggers.
Cybersecurity continues to be top-of-mind for TSPs everywhere, and it continues to be a top priority for all of us at ConnectWise as well. In Q3, we rolled out some improvements to our ConnectWise Fortify™, formerly a Continuum solution, products, including:
ConnectWise Fortify™ SaaS
Business email compromise is a top threat to businesses. For MSPs who support Microsoft cloud environments, ConnectWise Fortify™ SaaS is a detection and response solution designed to work through Microsoft 365® to deliver 24/7 alerts of active threats, expert guidance on how to respond to threats, and dashboards and reports detailing activity.
ConnectWise Fortify Assessment – Standard
This is a new version of ConnectWise Fortify Assessment that provides a holistic view of a prospect’s environment through vulnerability scanning, which delivers data regarding endpoint health and user risk as well as detailed risk assessment reports. Existing ConnectWise Fortify Assessment partners will have full access to this expanded offering.
Improvements in BrightGauge
Our business intelligence tool, BrightGauge®, a ConnectWise solution, is also delivering a number of helpful updates. As a reminder, BrightGauge puts all your important key performance indicators (KPIs) on a high-level dashboard and in interactive reports, so it’s easy for everyone to be aligned and in control of their data. Some recent improvements include:
- Custom audible alerts – When you have a threshold set on a KPI, you can customize the alert you’ll hear when you fall outside of your pre-defined parameters.
- ConnectWise Sell executive report – Filter for the latest version of quotes so you can more precisely calculate your totals.
- ConnectWise Command™ data – This is an ongoing update, but partners now have more access to data from ConnectWise Command, specifically through an Executive Report.
More to come
These are just a few of the recently completed updates and enhancements. For a complete list of improvements by product, read the Q3 2020 release notes. Several other updates are currently in the works, and we’re looking forward to sharing those and more helpful announcements soon. Visit the release notes page for the latest quarterly updates.