OpsGenie and ConnectWise have a bidirectional integration that brings value to your teams by allowing you to manage incidents with ease and speed, notify the right people at the right time according to schedules and escalations, and allowing information to be sent in both directions. In this post, we will go over the benefits of using these tools and provide an overview of the functionality of OpsGenie with both ConnectWise Automate and ConnectWise Manage.
Who is OpsGenie?
When handled poorly, incidents in software testing can spell bad news for your business. Through OpsGenie, a modern incident management platform, you can empower your Dev and Ops teams to plan for service disruptions—and stay firmly in control. With over 200 deep integrations and a highly flexible rules engine, OpsGenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people, and helps them take rapid action. Throughout the entire incident lifecycle, OpsGenie tracks all activity and provides actionable insights to improve productivity and drive powerful efficiencies.
Coordinate and Empower Your Dev, Ops, and Tech Teams Learn More >>
Major Pain Points, Resolved
To stay relevant in today’s evolving marketplace, it’s helpful to add specialized technology teams and diversify. Focused tech teams can guide your clients at every step, providing comprehensive support based on knowledge and experience. As a result, you’ll enjoy solid long-term relationships with your customers, and you’ll bounce back quickly from industry bumps and changes.
But with the benefits of greater diversity comes the challenge of managing multiple teams. That’s where ConnectWise comes in. We provide a single platform solution from which you can build in technology teams, integrate your business, and give all team members access to vital resources and information—keeping everyone on the same page for the whole project.
By integrating ConnectWise with OpsGenie, you can manage incidents with ease—and ensure nothing slips through the cracks, especially in times of high activity or crisis. OpsGenie is trusted by over 3,000 companies to provide reliable alerting and incident management. With OpsGenie’s ConnectWise certified app, you have all the data you need to analyze and resolve problems, as well as the tools to develop incident response plans, collaborate and coordinate proper responses, and analyze effectiveness after the fact.
Even beyond the deep integration with ConnectWise, OpsGenie offers robust scheduling capabilities with on-call schedules, escalations, routing rules, and notification preferences that allow you to pick exactly how and when you receive alert notifications. Manage your notifications for ConnectWise alerts in OpsGenie based on time of day, weekday or weekend, or based on alert content such as priority or tags. Utilize your ChatOps tools by forwarding OpsGenie alerts from any source to Slack, HipChat, Microsoft Teams, or any other chat tool OpsGenie integrates with.
Key Integration Benefits
In OpsGenie, alerts from ConnectWise and other disparate tools appear in one central dashboard from which you can take immediate, effective action. Those actions aren’t limited to the OpsGenie side of things—with action mapping, tickets in ConnectWise Manage are updated synchronously to reflect any actions taken—and vice versa. Set up custom actions such as “Create Ticket” to create ConnectWise tickets from OpsGenie alerts with a simple click of a button.
On the other end, you can automatically forward alerts from ConnectWise Automate to OpsGenie. OpsGenie will then determine which people in your team to send alerts to, based on their on-call schedule. It will notify them via email, text message, phone call, and iOS & Android push notification. OpsGenie will escalate these alerts until the recipient team members acknowledge or close them. That way, you can be sure of reaching your team with necessary project information, with minimal effort.
OpsGenie integrates with both ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate to bring all your tools together with easy setup and configuration.
OpsGenie has a full bi-directional integration with ConnectWise Manage. Use the integration to create an alert in OpsGenie automatically when a ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage, and vice versa. Actions are mapped between systems so that when you take an action in either system, OpsGenie synchronizes both to reflect the change.
OpsGenie to ConnectWise:
- When an alert is created in OpsGenie, a corresponding ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage automatically.
- When an alert is acknowledged in OpsGenie, the corresponding ticket's status is updated to “In Progress” in ConnectWise Manage.
- When an alert is closed in OpsGenie, the corresponding ticket's status is updated to “Closed” in ConnectWise Manage.
- When a note is added to an alert in OpsGenie, or when an alert is escalated in OpsGenie, a note is automatically added to the corresponding ticket in ConnectWise Manage.
- If the “Send Alert Updates Back to ConnectWise Manage” function is enabled, specific (chosen) ConnectWise Manage actions are automated executed on ConnectWise Manage tickets for each chosen alert action, when ConnectWise Manage creates the alert.
- If the “Create ConnectWise Manage Service Tickets for OpsGenie Alerts” function is enabled, specific (chosen) ConnectWise Manage actions are executed on ConnectWise Manage tickets for the chosen alert actions for every alert with a source different from ConnectWise Manage.
- For more information on this action mapping and functionality of the integration, see our documentation.
- OpsGenie integrates with ConnectWise Automate via email integration. Use OpsGenie’s ConnectWise Automate integration to forward ConnectWise Automate's alerts to OpsGenie. OpsGenie determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules; notifies those people via emails, text messages (SMS), phone calls, iOS & Android push notifications; and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the Integration:
- When an alert is created in ConnectWise Automate, a corresponding alert is automatically created in OpsGenie.
- When an alert is closed in ConnectWise Automate, the corresponding OpsGenie alert is closed as well.
OpsGenie and ConnectWise streamline incident response with both ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate, bringing your tools together to maximize resolution speed. To learn more, download the certified app and try out the integration.
Integrate ConnectWise with OpsGenie for more effective incident management and smoother operations.